The OF Blog: One of my reviews has been translated and printed in a newspaper's literary supplement section.

Saturday, January 17, 2015

One of my reviews has been translated and printed in a newspaper's literary supplement section.

Last week, I wrote a review of Serbian writer Zoran Živković's 1998 novella, The Writer.  Živković liked it so much that he asked if I wouldn't mind if it were translated and submitted to the literary supplement section of the Belgrade newspaper Politika.  I said sure, that would be great.  Late last night, Živković sent me this:




Although I have had other essays of mine translated into Portuguese, this is the first time that I have ever had one republished in a newspaper, much less a leading daily.  Just thought I'd share this very cool news with everyone.  And yes, I can understand bits and pieces of the translation. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats.

Might I also say--as a frequent visitor here--I feel your criticism ought to regularly be in English-language publications/journals? But I'm sure just keeping up with this blog is a handful.

Anonymous said...

and what about Zoran Živkovic:

Sete Notas Musicais

O Último Livro

O Escritor Fantasma

quais as melhores escolhas para ser começar??

Larry Nolen said...

Yeah, I've considered submitting more frequently to magazines and the like, but my interests lately don't dovetail nicely with the current lit-focus of most periodicals.

As for the three you listed, I enjoyed all three greatly. I reviewed the first and third a few years ago, waiting a bit before I review The Last Book (I also have the sequel to review as well).

 
Add to Technorati Favorites